January 30, 2023
Private Jet Pricing vs Scheduled Airline
Understanding Private Jet Pricing
Private aircraft charter pricing is influenced by a variety of factors which we describe below but the most significant of these will be the hourly charter rate which ranges between aircraft types. For an example of that let us take a look at a few of the more popular private jet categories and an entry level hourly rate which can vary between markets, operators & aircraft models.
- Twin Engine Piston Aircraft Charter rate: USD 1,000.00 per hour.
- Single Engine Turbo Prop Charter rate: USD 1,750.00 per hour.
- Twin Engine Turbo Prop Charter rate: USD 2,500.00 per hour.
- Light Jet Charter rate: $3,500.00 per hour.
- Midsize Jet Charter rate: USD $4,500.00 per hour.
- Super Midsize Jet Charter rate: USD $6,000.00 per hour.
- Heavy Jet Charter rate: USD $8,000.00 per hour.
What is included in your private jet charter?
Your private jet charter will include a commercially certified private aircraft, a fully licensed flight crew, full utilization of passenger capacity and baggage space as long as this complies with the weight limitations of the aircraft and fits with the mission profile.
Is private charter pricing comparable to airline prices?
Private aircraft charter pricing cannot be compared to a scheduled airline ticket price for a variety of reasons:
- The costs associated with operating aircraft are high and with a private aircraft they are generally configured in a less dense seat plan in order to allow a more luxurious flight experience.
- Even if we utilize an aircraft with more seats, the cost per seat will still be higher as the aircraft is operating two flights (to/from) whilst generally only one flight is earning revenue.
- In a scenario where two private charters can be combined to fill both flights in order to increase the efficiency of the operation, the cost will be reduced significantly for each flight. However, even with an aircraft of a high passenger capacity, the price point is likely not to be as low as a scheduled airline as airlines tend to have larger fleets and are spreading their revenue targets over various routes.
What are the advantages to travelling privately?
This can vary between the different type of clientele but we will still summarized some of the major advantages to private jet charter below:
- Passengers need a route that is not performed by scheduled airlines.
- Passengers need to access an airport not serviced by scheduled airlines.
- Passengers need timings that are not provided by scheduled airlines.
- Passengers require a higher level of reliability for their trip.
- Passengers require a higher level of safety/privacy for their trip.
- Passengers desire more comfort and/or productivity whilst travelling.
For more information on pricing for an upcoming trip
The Caribbean private jet fleet is widely dispersed and includes light jets, mid-size jets and heavy jets. Take a more in-depth look at the fleet options here.
Latitude Air Charters looks forward to advancing your business goals through the utilization of our Corporate Air Charter services.
At Latitude Air Charters, we can arrange for you private island hopping experience to Barbados from any of our neighbouring islands.
Private Jet Pricing vs Scheduled Airline. Understanding the factors that affect private jet pricing.
Get notified when we post something new.
Thinking about private Jet travel?
Speak with one of our friendly and experienced sales associates. Let's help you get started planning your next luxury travel getaway. Whether it be for fun, work or both!
We've got you covered all the way!